Wednesday 17 September 2014

Interest Projects Term 3 Update

Wow - have a look at all the work going on in our Interest Projects!! This term 7/8 SN and 7/8 OD are working together on their Interest Projects. The students have chosen a  variety of topics which include: Logging, Alternative Fuel, Forestry, Gaming, Solar Power, Tectonic Plates, Sundials, Robots, Cycleways/Walkways and Animals.


We have been pretty busy. Here are just some of the things we have been doing:

  • assigning group roles
  • asking questions
  • meeting with Mr Mc Guinness to present our project proposals
  • researching and summarizing information in our own words
  • doing science experiments
  • writing reports
  • developing story boards for our film presentations
  • creating Google Presentations and Google Docs 
  • visiting our school library
  • sending emails to get information from experts
  •  arranging out of school visits
... It's all go!!!!!



Team work in the Science Lab.

Using Google Maps to research and explore cycleways/walkways.

More team work!


Classification: Sorting different rocks.
Some of use have decided and started to use Google Presentations to present our information next term.



Growing crystals in the Science Labs.
Busy researching and communicating online.
We use all the space we have in school to work in our groups - even the cloak bays!
Practising the film shots that Mr Sparks taught us.

Diagram of the science experiment we did on circuits.



Students: Leave a comment telling us what you are enjoying most about your second Interest Project?

4 comments:

  1. Hello my name is katrina the thing I like the most about our interst project this term was learning new things about solar power I am also very keen on our funny scrip for our movie at the start of the term I hardly knew anything about solar power but now I feel like I know a lot. From katrina dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying the research and videoing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Bea. The thing I have most enjoyed about this terms interest project is exploring my topic really thoroughly. When I first started this project I knew hardly anything at all about solar power. So far I am very pleased with the progress I have made.
    From Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Nathan I love interest project and I would like to be in it again. Its really cool. My group is called Forestry I wanted to do a movie but Jack (whitch is in my group) didnt want to be in it So yeah I love intrest project and yeah Bye!

    ReplyDelete