Monday 31 August 2015

Stages of Inquiry

This week year 7/8 students are reviewing the stages of inquiry they learned in Term 1.


We would love to hear from you if you have previously completed an inquiry using some or all of these stages. What was your inquiry on? Which stage did you find most difficult and why? Which stage did you enjoy completing the most?

This is in preparation for our second Interest Based Learning Project. We will be using the stages of inquiry to help us structure and plan a project on an interest of our choice. Lots of us have already decided what we are going to do and are getting very excited. We will use our individual blogs to update you on our progress.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great slideshow and it is very informative. Yes I am currently working on an inquiry about fitness. I am really finding it difficult to use a variety of sources when finding information because it is hard to know if it is good information. I really enjoyed choosing topics because there are so many things to do it on and they are all very interesting.
    Thank you,

    Nicolai Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello 7/8 OD
    In previous interest projects I have been successful, but the one I am going to talk about is my tectonic plates project.
    The stage I found most difficult was the planning stage because it was difficult because it was hard coming up with a project.
    The action stage was the best.

    -Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 7/8 OD,
    I really like this slide show, it has some interesting stages which have helped me a lot during my inquiry on fitness. I am doing my inquiry with Lotu and Anaru, they are very helpful! I am finding it a little hard to find answers for my questions. I found it really fun during interest topic last term!

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great slide show my question was on how does a helthy diet help your fitness and me and my partner found it challenging when we had to get all the infomation from websites and books because the question is a question that needs more than one answer.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi 7/8OD,
    In my most recent interest project the topic was YMCA and did exceptionally good. I am currently in the process of inquiry learning based around fitness. The only difficulty with the inquiry would have to be finding the sites that answered my few question's I had. The most memorable part of the process was choosing the project having so many options was so exciting because of nailing them down to the one was left over.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete